Sunday, 9 October 2016

Grateful

Good Evening Internet Friends!

My blog title for this evening sums up how I feel this evening.  

It is the Thanksgiving Day Weekend and my family and I were dinner guests at my friend and neighbor Sharon's for a wonderful dinner.

I made pumpkin streusel pie with cinnamon whipped cream (yes it was delicious):

I also took over a quick quilt top that I put together so that Sharon could long arm it in her 4 Paws Quilting studio.  This quilt will be used as a sofa decoration in my house for the fall season :

This quilt got me thinking of course of all the things that I am grateful for and one of those of course is my neighbor Sharon.

Sharon has been my neighbor for 17 years.  From the first time I met her I knew that we would be fast friends!  We both are medical professionals so we understand each others dry humor (we know what it is like to be there for life entering, leaving and sometimes returning to this world), we both adore dogs, and we LOVE quilting.  We have also been there for each other through all kinds of moments both positive and negative, and for that (and keeping me breathing last month in Emergency when I stopped) I am GRATEFUL.  

So, although I am grateful for the amazing job that she does long arming my quilts, I am even more grateful for the most amazing friend anyone could ask for.  

Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and 

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment