Sunday 10 February 2019

Over? Already???

Good Evening Internet Friends!

WOW!!!  I cannot believe that weekend is OVER already!  I had "SEW" many BIG plans for this weekend.  Alas.....minimal accomplishments on that front.

This morning in addition to laundry, dog walk, and house cleaning I did meal prep - dinner and lunches for the week.  As part of this preparation I made Poppy Seed Cake with cream cheese frosting; one of my favourite comfort foods:


Not gonna fib.....but between kiddo and I this is almost GONE!

After lunch we headed out to The Bay as kiddo needed some new jeans.  All looked like supreme flood pants.  I also picked up a new pair of every day boots for myself as my current work shoes need to retire.

Arriving home I finished up dinner.  Roast beef with fresh mushrooms, onions, mustard and sour cream spent the day in the slow cooker.  I have found that the No Frills not too far away from here has an amazing selection of fresh veggies.  I still do most of my grocery shopping at Costco but this place has a unique medley or things I cannot get at Costco or simply do not need the size of.  In the refrigerator I had red onions, garlic, broccoli, green beans, carrots, parsley and zucchini that I chopped up and roasted along with a small bag of baby potatoes.  Dinner was DELICIOUS!!  Plus......we have left overs now:

Served with a head lettuce salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, radish, green pepper, green onion, and celery dinner was complete.  

After more laundry, kitchen tidy and dog walk I did spend a bit of time in my craft room.

With the exception of the 4 corner blocks my 52 Week Star Block Challenge from 2016 hosted by A Needle Pulling Thread Quilt Shop is complete:

TAH DAH!!!!  

Will stop at Sew Divine tomorrow on my way home and hopefully get some border and binding fabric for this "sew" I can get if off to be long armed.

Hope this inspires your own creativity and wishing you all the 
BEST Day EVER Monday.

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment