Saturday 11 April 2020

Easter Saturday...

Good Evening Internet Friends!

Busy and productive day despite being on Self Isolation.  We have not left the house other than to walk doggie since I got home from work on Thursday evening.

Made buttermilk pancakes for breakfast this morning.  We are still eating from the pantry.  I do get fresh fruit, veggies and milk once a week as those are staples in my world.  Whipped cream and Quebec Maple Syrup are staples from the refrigerator:

Took doggie for a walk around the park and lake while a batch of Easter Babka rose:

After lunch I baked it:

Had to sample some fresh out of the oven and it was delicious and really soft.  

On occasion I do cook a bit of meat and although it was Friday this was something kiddo wanted.  So, I made slow cooker short ribs with a mushroom cream sauce, shelled peas and carrots that were part of my fresh fruit and veggies this week, roasted garlic mashed potatoes with green onion topper:

After dinner I checked on my chive planter that has spent the entire winter on the patio against the house and........

SOOOOO excited!!!  This means that spring might actually be on the way!! 🌷

Spent a bit of time in my craft room this evening and put the second last border on my Lush Quilt.  There is another 8 1/2" border to be put on.....but I think I am going to leave it like this:

Hope this inspires your own creativity and wishing you all the BEST Day EVER Easter tomorrow.  Stay safe out there.  


Kathy



No comments:

Post a Comment