Monday 16 September 2013

Oh S"crap"! It's Monday...

Normally on Monday I post something that I make out of my scraps.  Well, today's project is not exactly a s"crap", but it has caused me so much grief that numerous times it has almost been thrown into the s"crap"s, just to get rid of it!!! 
 Alas, my conscience, thriftiness and or pride (not sure which) will not let me to that!  Bother!
Allow me to introduce to you my April version of Sock of the Month from Biscotte & Cie.
I do not know what it is about this sock, but no matter now many times I re-start it, it still looks terrible.  The pattern was for a toe up sock (I hate these), but I really tried to follow the pattern.  Several times I have given up on the project (#$%^&*(^%^). One of the main things I did not like about this pattern was the overall pattern/texture of the sock.  There are so many make a stitch and knit 2 together that the yarn starts to get hard, and that is very uncharacteristic of these yarns.
So, after many starts, I have finally decided to modify the pattern and work backwards (from cuff to toe). I present you with:
The Kathy version!
So far this is what I have got done on it since after dinner.  I think this will work out much better, but......
Now off to conquer that quilt that is taunting me (must have forgot to take some meds somewhere along the line..... ; )
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment