Sunday 29 September 2013

What's For Dinner?

I am starting to feel better.  Thank goodness for antibiotics!  But still feel tired and somewhat weak.  Have not really been eating much as no appetite, and it's really hard to chew and breathe at the same time since I cannot breathe through my nose.  Bummer.....
As for dinner tonight husband and son were running out of left overs in the fridge to heat up, and so the pestering questions as to dinner started early today.  I think they might have been getting hungry ; )
I decided that some kind of soup in the crock pot was the way to go.  After comparing what I had in the freezer and the pantry against a few recipes I came up with a Kathy version of Corn Chowder:
It was not quite as comforting a chicken soup, but almost, and I feel a little better after having eaten.  Go figure!

Corn Chowder
2 12oz cans of canned corn (drained)
1 can creamed corn
3 medium potatoes
1 package lean ground turkey cooked with onion
24 ozs of water
3 cups milk
Salt/Pepper/Poultry Seasoning/Garlic Powder/Chili Powder - all sprinkled in to taste

Cook on low for several hours.  Just prior to serving I fried up some turkey bacon, grated some marble cheese and chopped some green onions to garnish the top.

Served with garlic toast on home made bread I found in the freezer it was quite filling.  A little heavy on the carbs tonight, but hopefully it helps me feel better soon!

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

1 comment: