Sunday 6 January 2019

It's Back to Work I Go...

Good Evening Internet Friends!

Crazy busy day here in Kathyland again as tomorrow is back to work and school.  Kiddo will get a few breaks with semester break, PD days and non instructional days but for the next three months.....I work.

Did lots of cooking/baking/food prep today:

First up....this awesome salad that I used fresh veggies from the refrigerator to make.  Salad dressing is a recipe that I found in the latest edition of Costco Connection.  All veggies except for the green onion are from Costco.  My friends and family all know my mantra..."If you can't buy it at Costco - do you really need it?"

Then it was on to a batch of Rotten Banana Bread as my brother refers to it.  I will only eat bananas just as the green starts to turn yellow.  Any yellow or brown on the banana means it is "rotten" to me and needs to be made into muffins or bread:

For dinner I made a Shepherd's pie with more veggies from the freezer and a package of lean farm ground beef.  Used sweet potatoes for the topping:

For dessert I made an apple crisp using the frozen apple pie filling that I stashed away in the freezer last fall 🍎:

SOOOOOO Yummy.

In addition to housework, laundry, clearing snow off the deck and walking the doggie I did manage a bit of SEW time:

Blocks 17 & 18 of the Red and White 2017 52 Week Block Challenge hosted by a A Needle Pulling Thread Quilt Shop

Hope this inspires your own creativity and wish you all
the Best Day EVER Monday.

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment