Tuesday 1 January 2019

Fresh Start...

Good Evening Internet Friends!

I hope that everyone had an AMAZING New Year's Eve and Day and that this is going to be the BEST Year EVER!!

Last night kiddo and I attended the Broadmoor Lake Park Fireworks as we have now for a few years.  It is always an amazing show.  It was super cold out but thankfully I had my newest knitted toque on:

On Sunday evening I found an old copy of the Northward Toque I had knitted several years ago.  In my stash (yarn) I also just happened to have this skein of Superwash Six - a bulky 100% Merino.  I thought this was a perfect knitting combo because both the yarn designer and pattern designer are from Vancouver.

This toque is an easy and quick knit and I think I might need to put it into use a little more frequently.

Last night there was a bit of snow fall and wind so when I took doggie out for his walk this morning the world was our blank slate:


It was also an added bonus that the temperature was only about - 2 C (28 Fahrenheit).

It was very peaceful out and as such we were able to be about 10' from this dude and watch him closely:

The doggie even sat very still watching.  

This afternoon I sorted through my scrap fabrics in preparation for the 52 Week Block Challenge.  As you know I have done this challenge for the past five years.  I am a bit behind on the others right now but hopefully with a bit of planning I can fix that up.  I have now sorted through the scrap fabric on my desk that has accumulated since moving and cut it to the various sizes that I will need for these blocks.  All scraps are now in plastic zip seal bags ready to be sewn into blocks.

A friend gave me a tote for Christmas that I have decided will be the perfect size to store the bags of scraps and the sets finished blocks:

Left Block is Flock of Geese 2017 - these blocks were a casualty of moving.

Middle Block is 2018 Red and White Snowball - just behind on this series.

Right Block is 2019 Jewel Box.  "Sew" far I am not behind yetšŸ¤£.  

Will relax for the evening now with a pair of socks that I am knitting that have a special mission and I should get those completed ASAP.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment