Sunday 25 November 2012

Jam Cookies

I think it's time for the Christmas baking to begin.  Today my son and I went to the SCARS Christmas Bazaar, and then to kids scrapbooking at Scrapbook Memories & More where he made three Christmas cards and two Christmas ornaments.  Got us in the spirit of the season.
I used my home made raspberry jam for these cookies, and they are delicious.
Here is the recipe:

Jam Cookies
1 cup butter (not margarine)
3 ozs cream cheese
- cream together then add
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
- mix well then add
1/4 cup Birds Custard
2 1/4 cups flour

Roll dough into 1" balls.  Make an indentation in the center of the cookie and fill with jam or chocolate.  I use an icing bag to put the jam into the centers.  Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 - 15 minutes.  Wait til cookies cool before you try one (the jam gets very hot).  Enjoy!

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment