Saturday 10 November 2012

Let it Snow!

One of the things that I love about being Canadian is the snow.  Yes, the cold gets awful boring about February, but it does have its advantages.  We do not have the insects, critters, and diseases faced by warmer parts of the world, and snow can be FUN.  I actually find it fun to go driving around with the Toyota in 4 x 4, and or the F-350 trying to see what kind of snow I can conquer!
The snow also means the start to ski season and one of the great things about living in Alberta is that I am only three hours away at most from some of the best skiing anywhere in the world.
This weekend we are at Sunshine Village, and thanks to the recent snow it is awesome.
To celebrate the arrival of winter and all that is alpine, I made this quick card for my crafting.
The card base is Cherry Cobbler, a layer of Whisper White run through the Snow Burst embossing folder (retired product - some Stampin Up snob will likely have something to say about it), the snow flakes are cut with the Snow Flurry Bigz Die from the Silver Glitter Paper.
The mitten is cut with my Cricut - but if you can draw or find a template that would work too.  I used the Simply Charmed cartridge for this shape.  
After the shadow was cut in Cherry Cobbler I ran it through the Stripes Embossing Folder to look like a mitten cuff.  The the knit print from the Snow Festival Designer Series was cut, layered on and run through the Lattice Embossing Folder to give some "knitted" texture.  The ribbon at the top is 1/4" sweater trim from the Christmas Mini Catalogue.
I used 2 layers of foam dots underneath to lift it off the page.
Now after a day of skiing one of the things I love about Canmore is to check out the quilt and yarn store in town before going for dinner!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment