Saturday 24 November 2012

Shopping Small Business

I am a big believer in shopping locally and at independent stores.  Yes, I shop at Safeway, Costco, and The Bay, but for a lot of things I try if at all possible to shop from local merchants.  I appreciate the customer service and that a lot of these retailers have loyalty programs for my shopping there.
Today Chartreuse Decor in Sherwood Park had their Annual Open House.  This is the second year I have attended this event.  My friend's aunt works there and my friend and I 
go and sample the delicious treats, and look at all the beautiful things that they have.  Lots of the decadent foody things find their way home with me.  The gift bag was so adorable I had to get it, I think I will make some of these for gift giving this holiday season.  
The white bird in front was my son's contribution to the adventure as was the almond soap (wrapped in the bird paper).
Just think of the tasty things I can make with all these ingredients - Crafting With Food!
While my son was at art class, I ventured over to another classic Edmonton establishment, the Bon Ton Bakery.  If you are in the Edmonton area, I encourage you to check this place out.  The mini cinnamon buns are AWESOME.
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment