Monday 5 November 2012

Oh S"crap"! It's Monday



So, my post today is about S"crap" food.  What is wrong with me (that's another post...)?
Last week I accidentally opened up a can of peaches. Hmmm, what to do?  Put in refrigerator and leave for a week.  At work we have a running joke about the difference between a Registered Nurse and Registered Dietitian.  A Registered Nurse will simply clean the mold off of spaghetti sauce and cook it to a boiling temperature, a Registered Dietitian will refrigerate for three days and then discard of it!  What a waste...
Since the peaches had been in the refrigerator for almost a week, it is now time to do something with them, so last night I made muffins!
Here is the recipe I used:

Peach Muffins 
1/2 cup canola oil 
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla 
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 can chopped peaches (not the liquid)
 
Mix ingredients together in order listed.  I used the Cinna-Cream Sprinkles on the top just before putting in the 350 F oven for 20 minutes.
 
Hope this inspires your own creativity...
 
Kathy






 

No comments:

Post a Comment