Wednesday 26 December 2012

Christmas Brunch

For the past few years (I don't know exactly how many) my son has asked for the same thing for Christmas Brunch: Peach French Toast.
This year because we were going to be away from home for Christmas I brought all of the fixin's with me, so that it would not be the mad scramble it was last year at the resort trying to find all the ingredients.

The recipe for this Christmas favorite is:
Baked Peach French Toast
1 loaf French bread sliced into 1" slices
1 brick cream cheese
- spread cream cheese on both sides of bread and place in buttered baking pan
1 can sliced peaches (drained)
- layer the peach slices on top of the bread
1 cup pecans or walnuts (your choice)
- sprinkle walnuts over bread and peaches
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
- mix together and pour over the bread
- just prior to putting in the oven I sprinkle the top with my Maple Sugar Grinder
- bake at 350 F for about 30 minutes, and enjoy!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...


Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment