Saturday 29 December 2012

Left Overs Day ???? +1

Okay, so by this evening, I really have a left overs festival for you.  We leave back for Canmore tomorrow, and I still have left over turkey etc., in the refrigerator.  Now, if you know me, you will know I believe in the "waste not" principle.
This "casserole" for lack of a better word uses some more of the left over turkey, the rest of the mashed potatoes, and veggies, cut up celery, onions, an instant package of rice, the remainder of the sour cream in the refrigerator, the last of the ranch flavor salad dressing, and the remainder of the cheese.  Stir this all together and spread out in a casserole dish.  But Wait!  There are three flavors of potato chips in different bags around the villa, so I crushed them up and poured over top.
Bake at 350 F until the food reaches 75 degrees C, (my food thermometer only measures in C) and serve with a fresh green salad.  Not bad really, give it a try with your leftovers and see!
|Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment