Wednesday 9 July 2014

Happy 10th Birthday, Summer Vacation Day 13!

Today is my son's 10th Birthday!  I cannot believe that my baby is 10 years old!!!
As you may know from reading my blog my son is a HUGE fan of Phineas and Ferb, hence, the reason we  are counting every day of summer vacation this year!
On the show the children's pet is Perrry the Platypus and my son decided that for his actual birthday party he wanted a Perry the Platypus theme.  
I searched everywhere while we were on vacation for Perry the Platypus themed party items, and other than drinking cups, I found NOTHING!!!
So, I made do:
Here's my version of Perry the Platypus cupcakes.  I found a Blue Velvet Cake Mix from which to make the cupcakes, and then iced them to try to look like Perry the Platypus.  My son thought I did a "Top Drawer" job, and I think I did pretty well myself!
While I was icing the cupcakes he painted an unfinished market pail that we had in the house in party appropriate colors and we put a liner in the pail and served the chip snacks from the pail:
Happy 10th Birthday Little Buddy!

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment