Friday 25 July 2014

Zucchini Cake for Summer Vacation Day 29

Good Evening Internet Friends!
Today marked day five of my seven day stretch....almost done.
After dinner, I did some fridge cleaning and found a zucchini.
I decided it was time to make:
I of course LOVE the frosting on this cake!

Zucchini Cake:
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 egg (room temperature)
2 tsps vanilla
- mix above ingredients with electric mixer until creamed
- add:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder ( I use Bernard Callebaut - it's so yummy)
2 tsps baking soda
- once all ingredients combined fold in:
2 cups shredded zucchini

Bake at 350F in a 9x13 oiled cake pan for 25 minutes.

Frosting:
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup non hydrogenated margarine
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar 
Combine ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.  Then add:
1 cup Couverture chocolate (I use Lindt couverture chocolate).
Mix until all blended and pour over warm cake.  Enjoy!!!

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment