Friday 4 July 2014

Happy Fourth of July Summer Vacation Day 8

Today we left Thompson Falls starting our journey back home.  We traveled as far as the Helena National Forest  and decided that was a good place to camp for a couple of days.   Right at the top of the continental divide!  You can literally see everything from here☺
After dinner we went to East Helena for the fireworks:
 
The Paper Pumpkin kit for the month of June is my craft for today.  As you likely know I  have a love hate relationship with this product.  Some months the kits are great and others I really don't know what they were thinking when the kits were created.  This month's kit again is one that I am confused about.  Although the kit is fun, there was only one choice of paper that seems to have an Independence Day feel to it.  Now, don't get me wrong, my grandfather was from there, but I was not given an option of a Canadian kit, only this one. Since I was present in the United States today I did use this kit for making a treat bag for my son, however, what would I have done with it had I not been here?????
 
I found some appropriate colored licorice and put in one of the kit bags for my son and he thought it was "Top Drawer".
Hope this inspires your own creativity. ..

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment