Friday 11 July 2014

Step 6 C; Summer Vacation Day 15

Today was another day of "random".
We got up fairly early (not school or work early) and went out shopping.  My son had some gift cards from his birthday that he added to his collection from end of school gifts, Christmas, and some of last years birthday gift cards!  First we went to Chapters.  He picked out some books to total his gift cards and I subsidized some additional funds towards the book purchases.  I also picked up a quilting and a cupcake magazine for myself.
Next stop was Toys R Us where he picked up all kinds of "boy" treasure.  While there we met a colleague of mine and her two boys so the "mother load" of toys was met with lots of "ohhhh's, and awwwww's.
After that we proceeded on to Johnson's Sewing Centre where I picked up my new toy (everyone tried to make me feel less guilty about this purchase last night).  I have to get the cut pieces on my quilting table sewn together first, then I will set up my new "toy".  Maybe next weekend.....
We met my brother for lunch and then wandered around Spruce Grove for a bit.
By the time we got home, it was time to get ready for dinner and then head out to the acreage for the evening/weekend.
I did sit down while dinner was cooking and put together Step 6 C of my Mi Vida Loca quilt:
Tomorrow is St. Albert Farmer's Market and I hope to get there early for best selection : )
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

1 comment: