Wednesday 28 March 2018

GO Day

Good Late Evening Internet Friends!

Today was finally a GO Day for us.  We were up early (okay 0900 hours) but it is Spring Break Week.  Household chores and lunch and then off to the mall to shop for a teenage boy who has out grown all his clothes.  Getting a teenager (even mine) to the store is a feat and finding clothes is another.

As of now I can report that a new pair of Nike sneakers was obtained along with 12 pairs of Nike socks (buy one pack get second pack 50% - could not leave that behind).  Then it was on the Hudson's Bay where thankfully Levi's jeans were on sale and there was a good selection of tops that my son would actually wear.

Next it was on to Evoolution to pick up some flavoured olive oils.  I am all out.  I also wanted to pick up a bottle for a friend as I ran short on Steam a Seam so she cut me a meter from her box!  I was very grateful and since she likes to cook (and makes wonderful soups) I thought this would be a nice treat and something she would not have:

I got a bottle of Garlic infused Olive Oil for her (everyone loves garlic) and also picked up the staple flavours for our house - dill, and butter along with truffle salt that tastes fabulous on popcorn and well just about anything.

This evening after dinner and with my meter of Steam a Seam I set about finishing my Seawell the Turtle:

Placed on his background ocean (or swamp as my son calls it - too much algae):

A close up of the eye:

I did a Google check on Turtle Eyes and was "creeped out" by what I saw so I gave up and decided to use my bubble batik fabric to make the eye.  He looks like a sleepy turtle and I am okay with that!

Tomorrow I will fuse Turtle together permanently and then start to work on the background!  I have BIG plans for this turtle.  🐢🏡

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment