Thursday 25 December 2014

Merry Christmas Vacation Day 6!

Merry Christmas Internet Friends.  I hope that everyone had a wonderful day.

My son had us up by 0730 this morning to open stockings and presents.  I think he was a little worried that Santa would not find us since we were away from home.  

The view outside was beautiful this morning:
Looking back somehow a lot of time today was spent either cooking or baking.  We had pancakes for breakfast:
With Maple Syrup and canned sliced peaches these were FABULOUS!

After lunch I made two pumpkin pies using pumpkin I had frozen in the fall:
After the pies were out of the oven my son and I went ice skating while my husband stayed to cook the turkey.  When we got back I made cranberry sauce to go along with the turkey and all the fixings.  The cranberry sauce was delicious as usual but I forgot to take a picture of it before it became leftovers.

Here is how I make my cranberry sauce:
1 bag of fresh cranberries rinsed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup water

Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and cook until boiling and the cranberries burst and the sauce is the thickness that you desire it to be,

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and hope your day was full of wonderful memories and food.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment