Sunday 4 December 2016

I think Winter is Coming.....

Good Evening Internet Friends!

I have lived my entire life in Western Canada (except Manitoba).  One would think I would be used to winter and be ready for it.......nope.......never....  It's COLD out there.

I made an egg bake and a serving of hashbrowns for breakfast this morning.  It was warm and delicious:

Then we watched a Christmas movie on the tele.

After lunch I started on one of the quilting projects that I picked up recently.  It is a panel that has cut outs to make the quilt 3 D.  There are probably several ways to do the cut outs, but I chose to cut the pieces with about a 1/4" border and press the border back:

Then I placed the tree shape on my batting and cut along the edges of half of the tree.  When I was done that I shifted 1/4" the entire tree cut out and cut the batting along the other side of the tree so that the batting would fit inside my folded edges:

I pressed all the edges down once again and then placed on the panel and appliqued around the entire tree:

TAH DAH a puffy tree on the quilt panel!

Then I decided I need a quilting break and my son, his dog and I took a walk down to the River Valley.  Not too long into our walk it started snowing:

It was a creepy feeling crossing the bridge today as we could hear the ice flows getting split as they came in contact with the bridge pillars ๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜“

The snow was starting to stick to the trails and drift by the time we crossed the bridge.


On the way back we could no longer see down town!  By the time we got back to the house the wind and snow were almost like blizzard conditions!!  I HATE winter.  Seriously.

After dinner we put the last few ornaments on the Christmas Tree and put the boxes back in the cupboard.  The last 2 ornaments to go on my tree:  

These two ornaments are the last two to go on every year because they require a special spot.  The Snowflake is an ornament that was made by a Grandmother of a patient that I looked after on ECMO fifteen years ago.  During her time on ECMO her Grandmother made these snowflakes for each of us to remember Bethany.  Bethany was originally from Nova Scotia.  I was given the Nova Scotia Angel by my mother in law who has now also crossed over.  I keep these two ornaments together so that the Angel is able to watch over the snowflake.  It makes me happy that way and it feels right.  

Now it's time to get prepared for tomorrow and maybe get some sleep.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy




No comments:

Post a Comment