Saturday 31 December 2016

Done!

Good Evening Internet Friends!


Yesterday our family cat named Hello Kitty passed away.  Not sure why or from what.  He had been acting strange the previous day but not suspicious enough for me to take him to the vet.  Yesterday was a hard day for all of us.  For now I am DONE with having a cat.  That may change in a while but it will again have to be a special kind of cat.

This afternoon I finished up knitting my August Sock Crush socks.  These socks are an Afterthought Heel sock and have taunted me for 4 months now.  Here they are completed and I am victorious over this process.  I do not think I will under take this style of sock again any time soon:


TAH DAH!!!!  I am DONE!!!!

For some reason over my hiatus from the real world I discovered a knitting phenomenon known as the Temperature Blanket.  It's basically a blanket that you knits according to the weather outside and a chosen set of colors.  I live in Alberta where temperatures will range in either the Celsius or Fahrenheit scales from below zero to ridiculously high in the summer months.  These are the colors I have chosen for my project:

Normally I do not knit with Acrylic yarns but since this is going to be a rather large project I did not want to spend a lot on a most likely goofy looking knitted blanket!  These are all skeins of yarn that I picked up in Spruce Grove the other day as part of my road trip and my latest soap box mission of not shopping in Edmonton or as little as possible (bus tickets for my son).  DONE!

This evening we are headed out for dinner and the fireworks in Sherwood Park to bring in the New Year.!!!!

Wishing you all a happy, healthy and overall wonderful 2017 and hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment