Saturday 5 November 2011

Birch Tree Scrapbook Page

So, while most of people are making Christmas cards and Christmas scrapbooks, I am making summer ones.  I must be confused..... (for those of you that know me - you know this is no laughing matter, but more a way of life), and I digress.....   I bought the Designer Series Paper pack of Frostwood Lodge because it has beautiful cottage Christmas prints.  A must have item.  However, one particular piece of paper did not put me in the Christmas mood, but more of a nostalgic summer one.  As a child my favorite part of summer was going to Waskesiu Lake in Prince Albert National Park (PANP).  It is still the best lake I have ever been to.  Waskesiu Lake in PANP is at the edge of where the Aspen Forest meets the Boreal Forest and there are lots of birch trees amongst the Coniferous Trees.  So when I saw this piece of paper I knew I had to do something with a lake theme.  This summer we were fortunate enough to find one almost alright lake in Alberta called Crimson Lake and it is located at the edge of the Rocky Mountains but in an Aspen like region as there were lots of birch trees there as well.  So, although it is early November I had to make a scrapbook page about Crimson Lake.  For the layout I used the 12 x 12 sheets of Cardstock from the 2011 - 2013 In Color series; the background is Pool Party, the lake is Island Indigo, the grass is Garden Green, and the sand is crumb cake with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz sprayed over top to look like glistening sand (ooooohhhh top drawer).   Stamp sets used were Summer Splash and Sunny Fun both from the Summer Mini.  I left the photo mats as plain white to possibly resemble clouds in the sky and will sponge the edges a bit once the photos are matted.  Then I had a left over piece that I had tried to score and make a lolly like all the cool people are making right now - that did not work out, so I made it into an umbrella and a toothpick wrapped in a glue dot holds it all together quite nicely.  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment