Wednesday 30 November 2011

Santa's New Ride

I discovered these sleighs at the dollar store the other day, and thought "what would you do with this"?  Then as I walked on it hit me (not the sleigh) what I could do with it.  I bought this sleigh for the bargain price of $1.25 plus GST.  Brought it home and sanded all the edges down.  Traced out both sides of the sleigh, cut out the pieces and Mod Podged them down, and then covered again with a layer of Mod Podge.  Once all was dry (2 days later - used too much AGAIN), I used the walnut distress ink to cover all the exposed wood surfaces.  This took a few coats and in some places the ink did not stain the same.  Once all was dry I sanded down all the edges of paper, touched it up with a little more distress ink and TAH DAH!!!!   Now what to do with it???  Why, you can make a batch of chocolate bark or something else tasty, and give it to a friend for Christmas!!!  For this I melted a large block of Bernard Callebaut white chocolate and then added crushed candy canes.  Mmmmmm, tasty.   Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment