Wednesday 2 November 2011

Grade Two Treats

These are the Halloween treats that my son gave his Grade 2 class for Halloween.  I made these cards to fit over a treat size package of popcorn twists.  I did not realize until right now that only the french language portion shows!!!  The cards are standard size cards.  The base is Old Olive card stock, followed by a layer of basic black and then Designer Series Frightful Sight paper (except for the star paper which was in my paper stash - not cookie), and then layered with 1/4" black gros grain ribbon.  I used my Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge to cut out the ovals (white in 1 1/2" and old olive in 1 3/4").  Now everyone knows I love my Cricut, so when I saw that Close to my Heart was partnering with Cricut I got very excited.  I placed an order for this cartridge and the deal of the month at the time allowed me to get the "Wicked" stamp set for $5.50.   I thought that was a great deal.  The black cat on the oval is stamped from this set.  I am however a little disappointed in these stamp sets.  First I do not like the sticky feel to the stamp image, secondly I did not like the slipping that occurs with these images when they are stamped.  As most of you will know I use any product that is of good quality and am not "loyal" to any one brand unless I think it is clearly superior and in this case I do now believe that Stampin Up does have a better stamp. Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment