Thursday 24 November 2011

Christmas Photo Frame


In July of this year at Michael's there was a Christmas in July feature where they had products and instructions to begin completing your Christmas projects early.  Since I love Christmas I could not resist some of these projects.  This one requires the wooden frame, a bottle of Mod Podge and some paper.  I first cut the paper and rounded the corners and placed it over the frame to make sure it was the right size.  A generous coating of Mod Podge and attach the paper.  Once the paper is down apply more Mod Podge over top.  I let it dry over night as I am generous with the use of this stuff.  I cut the Santa, Sleigh and Reindeer from the Joys of the Season Cricut Cartridge.  I Mod Podged over all of these as well to stabilize the paper.  Once these were dry the present and reindeer were Mod Podged down and over them again as well.  The reigns are from hemp twine from Stampin Up and the bells are from a package I picked up at Hobby Lobby in Billings, MT this summer.  Once all of this was dry I used foam dots and silicone dots to elevate Santa and his sleigh off of the frame.  All exposed edges of the frame were inked with Tim Holtz Walnut colored Distress Stain.  I then ran 3/8 Satin Quilted Early Espresso Ribbon from Stampin Up around the outside and the picture edge.  Finally, my son thought that a photo should be in the frame before it was posted so he did a portrait of me.  He even put a hole in the sweater (if you know me, then you'll know that's funny).  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment