Tuesday 29 November 2011

Vintage Christmas Frame

I made this frame a couple of weeks ago at a class offered by my favorite scrapbook instructor Wadean, at my favorite scrapbook store Scrapbook Memories & More in Sherwood Park.  We started with a pre-made fibre board frame (I will be making another one of these and will show all products in more detail later), used Mod Podge and torn bits of 2 pieces of paper.  The center is 12 x 12 and the first layer of paper was well secured to a piece of thin cardboard.  It took 4 full sheets of the designer paper to make this project as most of the layers are at least one thickness high.  We used foam dots to elevate the centers of the big pieces, and a product called Scrapdots (a silicone - glue) to raise the smaller pieces.  Ribbon was tied to make a pretty bow, and crackle gloss over the lists to "age" it, and lots of Stickles, and Crystal Effects to make the Christmas Tree shine!  Once the frame was dry (3 days later for me as I likely used toooooo much Mod Podge) the whole frame was inked with Tim Holtz Walnut Distress Ink (again took 3 days to dry as I may have overdone this too).  I think it is beautiful and simply looks awesome next to the Red Eye!  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment