Friday 25 December 2015

Merry Christmas

Good Evening Internet Friends!

I hope that each of you had a wonderful Christmas Day.  For kiddo and I it was a good day, although did not feel like Christmas.  This is the first time in 18 years that my husband has not been present for Christmas.  Over the years with his work I am used to celebrating birthdays (mine, kiddo and his), anniversaries etc on my own, but not Christmas so this seemed weird.  We did decorate the tree in a box and put some decorations on it.  Kiddo opened some of his presents that I brought for him, but the rest are at home to open at home when daddy gets home.  

After breakfast we went for a walk.  The scenery was beautiful this morning:

After lunch we went in to Banff.  Walked around a bit in the cold and then went to the Banff Springs for Hot Chocolate.

Then we decided to go to the Banff Hot Springs.  The outdoor temp was super cold, but the water was 39 degrees Celsius and super cozy.  So did not want to leave.

After dinner we came back to the resort and I finished the scarf that I have been working on for my son`s teacher:

I will block it when I get home and I think I will sew her a gift bag to go with this.  The yarn is my August subscription to Sock Yarn Club.  I used the Cash Silk Fern Scarf for this pattern.  I think by now I have this pattern memorized ☺

Tomorrow is probably going to be a hang out at the resort day and see what I can get accomplished.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment