Wednesday 6 January 2016

Work In Progress Wednesday

Good Very late Evening Internet Friends!

I should probably be in bed by now, but since I do not work tomorrow I thought I would try and get one of my Work In Progress Projects done tonight.  Since I am doing this I also thought that maybe it was time again to link up with fellow Crafty Persons over at The Needle and Thread Network.

Progress update is for one mitten completed (threads not tucked in) and one mitten just needs a thumb and threads tucked in.  I LOVE these mittens.  They are from my October subscription to Yarn Crush.  I am loving these boxes (okay, I like yarn).  Each month's project so far has been something that normally I would not have made, but have made anyways and enjoyed it.  October was fingerless mittens...seriously.  I live in Edmonton where no matter how the city may try to spin it, winter here is COLD and HARSH.  The mittens turned out really pretty, but really not sure what purpose they will stand other than being my indoor mittens????


While in Banff over Christmas I was able to score some more of this wonderful yarn from Raventwist and will be knitting mittens appropriate for Western Canada.

As of dinner tonight it is snowing outside.  Here is my front yard...COLD:

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up with TN&TN's WIP Wednesday, Kathy. I'm in Winnipeg and have never really understood fingerless mittens. Yours are, though, quite pretty. That delicate cable shines with your yarn choice. I hope to see your link-up again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let me know if fingerless mittens work for you or not. I agree with you, it is *way* to cold for mittens without fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could knit!! :-). You know how I would use those mittens.....with those inexpensive stretchy gloves underneath. Would make them seem warmer. We've had a cold spell down here too.....but the forecast says +2 Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is BRILLIANT Jane. Both sets of mittens turned out beautifully except that they are totally ridiculous for the cold out here. If it is cold enough to wear mittens, you need your fingers covered! ☺

      Delete