Sunday 10 May 2015

Happy Mother's Day

Good Evening Internet Friends!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day.

We decided to head out to the acreage today.  For the past couple of years we have been using the big Honda generator out there but this year we have sprung for the electrical to be run into the yard.  YAY Power!

While my husband worked on that my son and I did some gardening.  It is not a big garden by any means, but enough for a kid to dig holes in and see some vegetables grow.  We planted Lavender, Rhubarb, Strawberries, Garlic, Onions, Lettuce, Carrots, Peas, Beans (green and yellow), Beets, Purple Potatoes, Red Potatoes, Corn, Zucchini, Squash and Pumpkins!
We picked everything up at Peavy Mart (inlcuding the pinwheel flower) because they are 100% Western Canadian, but more importantly the staff are friendly and helpful! ☺

Of ocurse we wandered around some this afternoon checking out the rabbits, birds, birds in the pond/slough:

We ate dinner before heading back to the city.  The pond looked very pretty as we were eating dinner:

While laundry was being done this evening I worked on another one of my Churn Dash Blocks that I am participating in with A Needle Pulling Thread Quilt Shop:

A very lovely and peaceful day.  

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment