Wednesday 8 February 2012

Card/Gift Boxes

I simply LOVE my Simply Scored Tool.
All over the craft world I see people making boxes, and I wonder how do they do that???  Most offer patterns for these boxes for a fee and since I am cheap or as a colleague used to say "tight with your pennies, not your affection", I refuse to pay for something that I can make.
Well, thanks to the Simply Scored Tool, I am now able to make these box items.
The intent of this box was to hold 6 cards along with envelopes.
The base of this box is 7 7/8 x 6 1/2".
Score at the 1" mark on all four sides.
Note that I have cut the seam allowance differently for the bottom and top of the box to decrease corner bulk (just like in quilting). 
The top of this box is cut at 8 x 6 5/8" and scored at the 1" mark on all four sides.  
I used double sided tape to secure the corners.  
I used the new heart framelets in the center of the top of the box to cut out the heart shape prior to cutting anything.  I learned from someone along time ago when using the Spellbinders dies that sticky notes work to hold these dies in place and they do!!!
Six cards along with envelopes fit easily inside.  Probably chocolate too!!


TAH DAH.  Two little boxes filled with cards, perfect gift for your friends that appreciate this kind of thing!
If you have a Simply Scored Tool, I really do encourage you to use it!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment