Thursday 23 February 2012

Happy Birthday

Today is my husband's birthday!
This year I decided that rather than spend hours looking for the "perfect" card that he probably will not get really excited about, I would make a card that would rationalize all the crafty things I do, and look fun on the buffet!
I used Pool Party for the base, the cupcake paper is from the Sweet Shop Specialty Designer Series Paper.
I then stamped the Sweet Cake stamp image in Early Espresso onto Whisper White card stock, colored the icing with Calypso Coral, used Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details on the cherry and heart and then covered with a thin layer of Crystal Effects.
I used a brad and ribbon from the Sale-a-bration bonus set I got with my last order to make the bow on the birthday banner.  I think it looks pretty, and except for my son who thinks every thing I make is "Top Drawer", I remain certain the most guys do not care about cards, so a bow it is!
Now, off to Red Robin (his choice not mine - but that's okay because I found out recently I can swap out the burger for a veggie burger - YAY).  
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment