Friday 24 February 2012

Chocolate Crackle Cookies

It's no secret that I am a big fan of the cookie.  I feel terrible that the poor cookie gets such a bad rap these days as to potentially making all of us and our children over weight.  I still bake cookies, and my child does consume  them (he is definitely not over weight despite growing up in a home where there are always fresh baked cookies, along with lots of exercise and fruits and vegetables). 
Today I decided to make Chocolate Crackle Cookies because they are so yummy.  This recipe was modified by me several years ago and I am not sure where the original was from so here is my take on it:

Chocolate Crackle Cookies
1/4 cup non hydrogenated canola margarine
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 eggs
2 tsps vanilla
4 melted chocolate baking squares (I put in glass bowl in microwave for about a minute just enough to soften)
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsps baking powder
3 tbsp ground flax seed

2/3 cup icing sugar

Cream together margarine, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.  Add softened chocolate and mix until smooth.  Add dry ingredients.  Roll into 1" balls ( I used the small Pampered Chef Scoop to measure out the dough).  Roll in icing sugar and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 12 minutes.  Do not over bake these as they will get dry due to the whole wheat and flax seed in them.  Enjoy.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment