Wednesday 15 February 2012

Happy Birthday Mark!!! (very belated)

My son's friend Mark had his 5th Birthday back in December, but we were in Banff at the time of his party so were unable to attend.  
This is Mark's birthday present from us.  I found this kit (Robert Kaufmann pattern and fabric) at Sewing with Class in November of this year and new immediately who I had to get this for.  Earlier in the year I had made a quilt for Mark's older brother Matthew's (3D Quilt) Birthday, and now it seemed fitting that Mark should have his own quilt too.  Now, the reason why this quilt is so appropriate for Mark - he has his own basketball court in his home!!
I hope he enjoys it.  The hardest part of this quilt was getting the panel print to be even, as for some reason panels are never printed along the grain of the fabric, so although I did not start this quilt until after Christmas vacation, it took a lot of time, to get the fabric straight enough for the quilt to be the same size throughout. 
Happy Belated Birthday Mark!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...


Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment