Wednesday 1 February 2012

National Cherry Month

Happy National Cherry Month.  It's actually an American holiday, but I could not find a Canadian version and the British one was not until July and I needed something to rationalize this table runner.  Now, if you follow my blog you know that fat quarters at quilt shops are like puppies at the shelter, but you may not know that charm squares are like kittens at the shelter (also needing homes, but come in smaller packages).  Such was the case with these.  I found these little cuties at My Sewing Room on one of my trips back to Calgary and immediately had to give them a home.  Now, there was only 32 of these little guys in a package, what to do?  Hmmm, let me think, oh yah, make a table runner, which is what I did, and then I found at Quilt Essential Co. in St. Albert the blue cherry print that I used for the back, and the white cherry print that I used for the binding.  Looks very summery and festive for the month (until it gets milk spilled on it) on my table.  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment