Tuesday 31 January 2012

Valentine's Day Frame

While at Michael's the other day (only there as was equipped with my 25% discount off of total purchase coupon) I stumbled across these heart shaped frames for the bargain price of $ 1.00.
I remembered that I had some of this heart paper left over from the Kid's Valentine's Day class that my friend Karina had done for kids last year of which my son participated (yes, I still have year old Designer Series Paper - and look now it has been used!) and the new silver glitter paper from Stampin Up along with the red would be awesome.
The paper was cut to size and then Mod Podged (not sure if that is a word - took a noun and tried to verb it...).  Once it was dry, I coated over the DSP with another layer of Mod Podge.  Then after this had dried, sponged all wooden edges with Real Red Craft Ink (worked AWESOME) and then used the Stampin Up Heart punch to punch out the red and silver hearts. 
Currently, this sits on my buffet along with some of the other Valentine's knick knacks I have gathered to make a little theme area next to the dining room table.  My son thinks this whole collection is quite great.  
Hope this inspires your own creativity...


Kathy