Monday 2 January 2012

Christmas Candy Corn

While in Canmore my son and I made almost daily (not a typo) trips to the candy store there.  One of the treats we got were these Christmas Candy Corn.  We ate several small packages of these while there and of course had to bring a HUGE bag home with us.  I made up these treat bags to give out as treats to some of his little friends we would be meeting up with after Christmas.  Now, I have to wait til February and next trip to the candy store, maybe they will have Valentine's Candy Corn (?).  The treat holders are made by cutting a 3 3/4" by 8 1/2" piece of card stock and folding in half.  I measured the top and divided into thirds and then cut on  to the diagonal to the corners, used a corner rounder on the edges, and then used scrap pieces of card stock in about thirds to cover the base in candy corn colors, I sponged garden green between the red and green to imitate the strip along the bottom edge.  Put the candy into treat bags and used sticky strip to secure inside and a bow of course.  The greeting is from the Forest Festivities stamp set.  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment