Sunday 15 January 2012

Crafting with Food!?


I was once accused by a dietitian colleague of "Crafting with Food" (as though it was a bad thing).  Well, I am going to come out of the pantry today, and admit that yes I do craft with food!  Wow, feels so liberating to finally admit that.  Today, I decided that my son needed not just ordinary muffins for his lunch tomorrow, but special ones.  So, to the back corners of the pantry where all those wonderful fun tins sit, and out came the airplane pan.  Twenty minutes later at 350 degrees we had muffins landing on the counter.  I used my favorite banana coconut muffin recipe and here it is:

Banana Coconut Muffins

1 cup mashed banana
1/3 cup canola oil   (remember I grew up in Saskatchewan.)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 - 2  heaping tablespoons of ground flax seed (I really do hide it in everything).
1/2 cup shredded coconut

Mix together and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes.
Enjoy.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment