Thursday 5 January 2012

Sale-a-bration Cards

Sale-a-bration is a promotion that Stampin' Up runs from end of January - March every year, and what is neat about it is that on top of the stuff you usually get with an order for every $60 Cdn you get to choose an item from the special catalogue.  I was able to get a few of these items early and decided to play with them tonight, however the problem with red eye crafting, is that pictures are hard to take - too much flash, not enough, shadows of ?gremlins....
The two cards I have here are part of my idea for this year of cut once, stamp twice.  In this case I started with soft suede card stock for the base, ran both cards through the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder.  For the card on the left I used my quilting rulers to measure 1/2" from the embossed edge and then my handled cutting blade (it is from SU, just so long ago I don't think they make one anymore), to cut out a frame.  Then I used glue dots to put in a window sheet, so that you can see the Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper.  The greeting on the front is from the You are Loved stamp set and I stamped this with White Staz On ink (leave for a week to dry - or overnight).  
The card on the right is made again with an image from the You are Loved stamp set and the image is stamped on using  Versa-mark.  Then I cut out a heart with the heart punch from the Everyday Enchantment DSP and added a small piece of pretty in pink ribbon.  Done.  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment