Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Christmas Candle - Teacher's Gift

My son decided that what he wanted to give his teacher for Christmas was a candle made by him (I helped).  We melted soy wax, used a red dye chip, and fragranced with Grand Fir, Vanilla and Peppermint oils.  It smelled delicious.  I put the wick in a medium sized metal pail (found at the M craft store) and thought this would be a great idea and presentation for the candle.  Unbeknown to me, these pails are not leak proof and in a matter of minutes we had hot wax spilling all over on to the cupboard!!!  The only thing that I had around in a hurry to salvage this, was freshly washed canning jars from the dishwasher.  In went the wax and we ended up with 2 full jars of  fresh peppermint candles.  Hope this inspires your own creativity...


No comments:

Post a Comment