Thursday 26 January 2012

Sale-a-bration Cards

I think I may have crafting commitment problems.  Not sure that there is a group or therapist out there trained in this exact niche of the psych world....hmmmm.
I started to make this card this morning with the intent to showcase the Every day Enchantment Designer Series Paper (DSP)  that you can get for free through Stampin Up's Sale-a-bration promotion.
I decided on my colors, Poppy Parade, Very Vanilla, and the Dsp, then decided to start building my card.
First I went for my Cuttlebug (not SU issue).
Then I took out this swirly embossing folder (might have come with the Cuttlebug as the lettering is all worn off - not SU issue).
After embossing the very vanilla I decided I would use my distressing kit (actually SU product) and used the flat stamp and Tea Stain ink on all the very vanilla images.
While getting out the Cuttlebug I came across an old set of Spellbinders die cutters in this scallop square shape and I thought that they looked kind of similar to the shapes on the DSP so I cut out matching Very Vanilla and Poppy Parade shapes.  
I stamped on the Very Vanilla using the You Are Loved stamp set (Christmas Holiday Mini 2011 - actually SU product).  The colors I used for the image are Cajun Craze, Old Olive and Baja Blue. 
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment