Sunday 22 January 2012

Penguin Quilt

This is the very first kit package that I picked up from The Quilt Patch.  I love their productions!!!  For this quilt there are 81 squares to make it and so I chose to cut 9 of the 6 inch squares from each of the 9 fabrics and then spent an agonizing afternoon figuring out how to make sure that the squares were all evenly placed.  I did it in Sodoku fashion that every row contains the same colors, but in different layouts.  Once the Sodoku part was solved I sewed all of the blocks together (my family was under the strictest rules to not move or in any manner disturb these blocks).  Then the penguin was appliqued on, and the penguin minkee back was placed on and quilted.  My son immediately "adopted" this quilt.  This quilt is one of those items that comes out of the closet for the holidays, although it will likely be the last one back in as my son usually keeps this quilt out until spring.  Hope this inspires your own creativity...


Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment