Wednesday 25 January 2012

How to make Envelopes Kathy style

I have been playing a lot with my Simply Scored Tool, and I love it.  Over the Christmas holidays, I decided to make envelopes with it, and here is what I have come up with.
Cut Designer Series Paper at 6 3/4" wide, and 10" long.  
Score along with length side at 1/2" on both sides.
Turn paper so that the width/longest edge is along the top measurement line of the Simply Scored Tool.
Score Designer Series Paper at 1 1/2".
Score Designer Series Paper at 6".
Make cuts as seen above (cut out 1/2" wide rectangle on either side of 1 1/2" score mark - creates envelope flap).
Cut 1/2 inch on either side at 6" score mark.
Fold on scored lines towards inside of envelope.
Apply sticky strip along 1/2" edges on lower portion of envelope and fold upwards.
Insert card and enjoy.
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy



No comments:

Post a Comment