Saturday 7 January 2012

Hot Cocoa Anyone??? Hot Cocoa Packaging

I kept seeing these neat little packages for holding hot cocoa and such like all over the crafting world, however, apparently there is some BIG secret as to how these things are made because no one had a pattern for them, and or they were selling them as tutorials.  So, I decided how hard can it be for a brain the size of mine to make one of these?  Wasn't, and I have included my instructions (OMG I have probably broken some crafting commandment!).
First, I measured the size of the packages (I used these ones as they are made by gourmet village here in Canada).  These packages were slightly more than 6" and just over the 3" mark so I cut the length of card stock at 6 1/4".  Then I got out my best friend the Simply Scored Tool, and scored at 3 1/4", then at 4 1/4" and then cut at 7 1/2".
For the holder I took a 3" piece of card stock and scored along the bottom edge at 1".  Then I scored at 1", 2", 5 1/4", 6 1/4", and cut at 7 1/4".  I cut on all the score lines below the 1" line at the bottom, and folded all the bits in so that the bottom was smooth.  I put sticky strip on the pieces that fold around the back so that they would be secure once inside the card. 
I placed the hot cocoa packages inside and used glue dots to hold them securely.  Used more of the Letters to Santa Designer Series Paper for the front - both pieces are from that collection (still trying to get rid of it).  The frame is cut at 3" from my Cricut Philosophy cartridge.  The whole package is secured with Early Espresso Satin Quilted Ribbon!  
Now, this gift package is actually being given to a friend of my grandma's who over the years has been an aunt to us, and has put up with all of my craft attempted gifts over the years, so I needed something sewn to finish off this gift and ......
TAH DAH.  I found this fabric at Sew Divine this fall, and just had to get it.  I used the fabric to make one of my super quick Twenty Minute Table Runners.  I hope she likes it.  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment