Friday 6 January 2012

З Різдвом Христовим - Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas.  I know that for many of my blog faithful today is Christmas Eve, as well as for many of us here in western Canada, especially Edmonton.  For today's post I used two of the stamp sets from the Stampin Up Holiday Mini Catalogue.  The stamp set on the left is The Sounding Joy set, and the one on the right is the Forest Festivities set.  These cards are part of something I have decided to do this year called my cut once stamp twice concept.  Both of these cards use basic black card stock for the base.  The Joy card has a piece of Designer Series paper for the background, while the Present card uses whisper white (both cut the same size).  I used my Elegant Edges Cricut Cartridge to cut a 3" scallop square, but for all you Big Shots out there you can use your Big Shot for this with the 3" scallop square die.  The Joy image was stamped on very vanilla card stock and the JOY was embossed on with cherry cobbler embossing powder.  The Presents image was stamped on and colored with Stampin' Write Markers and I colored with whatever colors I felt like.  The star at the top is a puffy star that I found at Scrapbook Memories & More in Sherwood Park last spring, and the neat thing about it was you could buy it by the meter!!!  So, I put one on the top.  Now, off to finish the pyrohy my son and I made for supper.  Have a Merry Christmas, and Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment