Thursday 2 February 2012

I Love my Dog Card

I had so much fun making this card!
The Boxing Day Sale at Scrapbook Memories & More included Copic Markers.  Since I have heard so much about how great these markers are I decided I had better get some while on sale (rationalize away).  Then, I looked at them, and thought what to do????  If these are "Top Drawer" then I had better learn how to use them.  So, I took the Introductory class that the store offered on how to use them, and today, took them out and started to use them.
I made my son this quick and easy card, because when he found out that these markers have been used in Cartooning and Visual Arts mediums for years he wanted to colour Scooby-Doo.  Since I cannot find a Scooby-Doo stamp as of yet, this dog set that we found at Michaels (40% off coupon) the other day will have to do.
The card base is Sahara Sand card stock with Early Espresso dog tracks wheeled across.  The next layer is Early Espresso run through the stripes embossing folder.  The piece on the side is some dotted early espresso left over from the Berry Blossoms Designer Series Paper.  The puppy image was stamped with Memento Ink and then colored with my new Copic Markers.  I LOVE colouring, so this was so much fun.  The heart was cut out from the Red Glitter paper.
Hope this inspires your own creativity...


Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment