Saturday 18 February 2012

Raspberry Banana Loaf

When I opened the freezer this morning, and 3 frozen bananas almost took off my foot I decided it was time to make banana loaf.  I will not eat a banana once it has a brown spot on it - too sweet, and only good for future banana loaf, so I toss them in the freezer.  Once they start to become a public safety hazard, I make banana muffins or loaves out of them.  Since it is the dreary month of January, I decided to pull out the decadent recipe for banana loaf and make raspberry banana loaf!  The recipe follows and Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Raspberry Banana Loaf

1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup buttermilk
2 mashed bananas
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/4 cup white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3 tablespoons ground flax seed
1 cup frozen raspberries

Cream oil, sugar and eggs.  Add baking soda, buttermilk, banana, and cinnamon.  Fold in flours, flax seed, and raspberries.  Bake at 350 degrees for 65 minutes, and allow to cool before removing from pan.  Enjoy. 

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment