Friday 8 April 2016

Give A Dog a Bone...

Good Late Evening Internet Friends!

Yes, somehow I am still up.  Have been in my jammies pretty much since I got home from work but still have not made it to bed.  

My friend Sharon's doggie Finnegan recently had a Birthday and then a couple of days after his birthday he got bit at Doggie Day Care and had to have three staples put in.  : (

So, I made him some doggie biscuits to hopefully make him feel better.

Since of course this is me a plain old bag would not do for a birthday present, so I made:

It looks great I think!  Now of course this is a retired Stampin' Up stamp, but of course I have kept it because who doesn't need a dog stamp with paws???

Here is the first batch of biscuits out of the oven:

These are biscuits that my ancestors would be proud of me for.  The biscuits I originally planned on making had corn meal in the recipe and somehow I have no cornmeal in my house.  So I chose another recipe and made do with what I had in the house.  These dog biscuits contain:
1 big scoop of peanut butter
1 egg
2 bananas
1 (sort of ) tablespoon of honey
1 scoop of wheat germ 
1 handful of flax seed
Whole wheat flour mixed in and the biscuits kneaded with whole wheat flour until the dough stuck together to be shaped.

Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes!

All dogs seem to give them 2 paws up so far!!!

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment