Monday 11 April 2016

What's For Lunch????

Good Evening Internet Friends!

It is that time of year when I start to dread lunches, and my son starts to open the lunch containers and look into them with trepidation.  On Friday I got the stink eye look at the sandwich in the container.

Time to take it up a notch then I guess.  Yesterday evening I decided that I would make macaroni and cheese for him for lunch today.  Now of course before there are any gasps about me losing my senses, no I am not referring to the kind from a box.  I am talking about:

So YUMMY!!!

How did I make this you ask????   Well, let me tell you:

1 lb of dried macaroni cooked until Al dente 

While cooking the pasta get a second sauce pan out and cook together:
1/4 cup non hydrogenated margarine and 
1/4 cup flour

Once a paste has formed carefully add:
1 can evaporated milk
1 cup milk
1 can cheddar cheese soup
3 - 4 cups of grated cheddar cheeses (I used what was in the bottom of my refrigerator)
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp garlic powder

Mix until all smooth over low heat then stir in Al dente pasta.

Pour into a lightly buttered baking dish and top with 1'4 bag of crushed cheese crackers.

Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

1 comment: