Thursday 8 December 2011

The Annual Poinsettia



Every year my son's school does an annual Christmas fundraiser selling Poinsettia plants.  These poinsettia's are AWESOME, and usually last until August when they are thrown out due to vacation schedules.  I have several friends and colleagues that purchase these plants yearly and so to say Thank you for their support of the school I always include Thank you cards.  These are the cards I made this year.  I used my Cricut and the Joys of the Season cartridge.  The card stock is real red, garden green and whisper white from Stampin Up.  After I cut the poinsettia's I used the Distressing Essentials Kit from Stampin Up to flat stamp across the leaves with tea stain ink, just to give the leaves a more "real" look.  I rolled the edges and then used glue dots to adhere each layer and then place on real red ribbon placed over whisper white card stock embossed with the Snow Burst folder.  The centers are made from Flower Soft that I had lying around the craft room.   The last picture is of one of the poinsettia just after being taken out of the plastic wrap, it will get much fuller.  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment