Saturday 24 December 2011

Merry Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas Eve!!!  For today I have chosen to post a picture of the stocking that I made for my son a couple of years ago.  It is rather large and at the time I made it he was 5 and actually fit inside it!!  I bought this stocking as a quilt panel, but as it was rather large I decided it would hold up better if I actually lined and quilted it, so that is what I did.  The funny story attached to this stocking is that several months later while at a quilt store with my mom and she came across this panel.  Her comment "here's a stocking for some greedy child", to which my son exclaimed, "hey grandma, that's like my stocking".  I will be hanging this shortly as I know Santa will be filling it while we are at church this evening, and leaving behind the usual pair of cozy jammies for Christmas Day.  Merry Christmas everyone, and Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment